Purchasing used cars in Olympia can be considered a green act in itself when you think about it. After finding your perfect vehicle after shopping for used cars in Olympia, these green tips can help you take care of your car.
Maintain Your Car & Help the Environment
Following the manufacturer’s service recommendations for maintaining your car will help prolong the life of your vehicle and allow it to run more efficiently.
- Change your air filter as needed. Proper airflow will help maintain your car’s acceleration and performance. It also improves your car’s emissions.
- Check spark plugs and replace when needed. Faulty or dirty plugs can cause engine misfiring, which wastes gas.
- Keep your tires properly inflated. You should check you tire pressure at least once a month. This will help improve your gas mileage and prevent excess wear and tear on your tires.
Keeping your car clean does not mean you need to use harsh cleaners or waste water in the process. There are greener ways to keep used cars in Olympia looking great:
- Take your car to an environmentally-friendly car wash that uses a water recycling system
- In between washes, use a 1 part to 4 parts vinegar and water solution to clean your windows
- Remove unnecessary items from your trunk to reduce clutter, lighten load and improve gas mileage
For more great tips and excellent car care in Olympia, visit the Olympia Auto Mall.
The Olympia Auto Mall – More Cars, Less Money!!!